Curtin team successfully tracks and recovers a meteorite. What a feeling!
The race to find a recently fallen 4.5 billion year-old meteorite
Why is meteorite hunter Phil Bland so excited?
A 4.5 billion year old meteorite story!
The innovative technology behind Curtin’s metorite hunters
- Wednesday 5 December 2018. Space missions launch, land and arrive in time for new Curtin space centre
- Curtin Institute for Computation: Counting craters to estimate the age of planetary surfaces
- Curtin Institute for Computation: Finding faint fireballs in the dark desert sky
- Curtin Institute for Computation: Catching shooting stars
- Tuesday 30 October 2018. The sky’s the limit for Curtin planetary scientist elected Fellow
- Thursday 6 September 2018. Finding faint fireballs in the dark desert sky
- Tuesday 14 August 2018. Curtin research suggests asteroid strikes created Earth’s oldest rocks
- Friday 15 June 2018. Lockheed Martin and Curtin University partnership develops world-class space tracking system
- Saturday 19 May 2018. Researchers in focus: Phil Bland
- Wednesday 9 May 2018. Curtin researcher only Australian working on NASA’s Mars Mission
- Thursday 26 April 2018. Inside an asteroid
- Friday 29 September 2017. Curtin and Lockheed Martin partner in space tracking technology program
- Tuesday 26 September 2017. A rock solid theory, now muddied?
- Tuesday 19 September 2017. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it’s OSIRIS-REx!
- Friday 8 September 2017. ‘Sling-shot’ show for NASA spacecraft over Australia
- Monday 17 July, 2017. Goodness gracious, great balls of mud!
- Monday 10 April 2017. Dr Jonathan Paxman: innovator, singer, educator
- Tuesday 28 February 2017. New research ‘rocks’ long-held geological theory
- Tuesday 22 November 2016. Curtin scientists over the moon with NASA initiative
- Monday 21 November 2016. Curtin fireball chasers recover Halloween meteorite from WA farm
- Thursday 1 September 2016. Curtin scientist to jump on historic asteroid-grabbing mission
- Thursday 1 September 2016. Eureka! Curtin space program hits the mark
- Tuesday 16 August 2016. Curtin scientists’ crystal discovery sheds new light on impact craters
- Friday 29 July 2016. Curtin’s out of this world efforts in Eureka moment
- Tuesday 26 July 2016. Five finalists from Curtin in running for Premier’s Science Awards
- CITE Magazine, Issue 27, Winter 2016. How to find a meteorite in four ‘easy’ steps
- Wednesday 6 January 2016. Amazing New Year’s Eve gift for fireball researchers